Improve BOTH Chinese and English with this comics-based bilingual learning system designed by education experts and award-winning creatives to decrease your kids’ fear of learning a new language and increase their interest and creativity!
The Dim Sum Warriors Club offers an innovative bilingual language learning experience that increases kids’ interest, lowers their fear AND boosts their creativity as well!
Highly recommended for Pre-K to Primary 4/4th grade kids who are learning Chinese or English, it will improve BOTH languages simultaneously, while also building cultural confidence, global competence and creativity.
The Dim Sum Warriors Club is rooted in actual research into literacy development, pedagogy and learning, as well as deep experience in teaching and great respect for the work of teachers and parents.
Designed by expert educators and award-winning creatives, our system is tailored to meet the OECD’s new PISA Global Competence Framework and is certified for pedagogical quality by Education Alliance Finland—the world’s foremost impact verification service for education technology solutions! This means our system has passed rigorous academic, science and evidence-based assessments by professional international educators.
Your kids will get so many useful and engaging resources and experiences—all for less than the cost of after-school tutoring and weekend enrichment classes (or frankly, even the cost of a family dinner nowadays)!
Dim Sum Warriors Club
BILINGUAL COMICS JAM!
Fire up your imagination as you create your own work alongside award-winning artists and learn languages in a creative and relaxed environment. Three times a month , kids can:
- Enjoy story readings
- Draw together with our artist
- Get our artist to bring your crazy suggestions for food characters to life—always a giggly, inspiring and imaginative experience!
- Pick up new and surprising vocabulary in both Mandarin and English
- Access a bilingual quiz crafted from the conversations in the livestream session, so that kids learn vocabulary from an authentic interactive experience
- Sessions will also be recorded for playback in case you have to miss one of them.
Why are we including drawing in a language curriculum?
Because research in the field of literacy development has found that drawing has many benefits for reading and writing, as well as for overall development. It’s a natural mode for kids to record what they see around them, organize and express their thoughts, remember, imagine, and even make arguments. Drawing enables the practice of focus and paying attention to detail, taking risks, expressing their imaginations with clarity, and finding their own voice—all skills that are highly necessary in the 21st century!
"Currently, modes of parenting and methods of education prevent the development of most of the marks a child could generate during its mental life. If parents and teachers let children scribble and talk about scribbling, draw and talk about their drawings, write about their own drawing … children will move more naturally into writing and reading. Learning delays and disabilities, short attention spans and a host of behavioral problems may clarify themselves as what happens when children are separated from what their brains have evolved to do in the course of the normal, natural developmental unfolding of a marks-based intelligence. The mark-making and the talking are important." - Dr. Susan R. Sheridan, (2002) The Neurological Significance of Children‘s Drawing: The Scribble Hypothesis, Journal of Visual Literacy, 22:2, 107-128,
The Dim Sum Warriors Club offers something very different from the usual tuition or enrichment classes. We're not about just memorizing stock phrases for regurgitation during exams (and never again thereafter)—we want kids to be able to create with the languages they're learning, and also develop the ability to be creative with any situation! Our Dim Sum Warriors Club Bilingual Comics JAM drawalongs provide the opportunity to develop these skills through casual, fun, and very creative streaming sessions!
Spark CREATIVITY—Do more than just memorize stuff to pass tests!
The Dim Sum Warriors Mobile Comic Reader App
With our app, your kids can read entertaining and educational bilingual comic books on their own, and practice reading aloud with immediate feedback, anywhere, anytime!
- Read hilarious bilingual comic stories
- Hear the stories performed by actors—in both languages
- Record their own reading
- Get immediate feedback on pronunciation and fluency through our US patent-pending reading evaluation system
- Play games that boost vocabulary
- Get new content—updated every month!
Club members get access to all the functions and updates!
PLEASE NOTE: The Dim Sum Warriors App is now available in the App Store and the Google Play Store for FREE download, but ONLY SUBSCRIBERS get access to the monthly updates and new content.
The Little Dim Sum Warriors Bilingual Print Books
Sometimes there’s nothing like a real book with real paper—especially at bedtime! Snuggle up with your children to read our hilarious Little Dim Sum Warriors bilingual storybooks!
We designed our books to facilitate reading aloud with different emotions, and also to encourage toggling between languages.
Club Members get 10% discount on our printed books and select merchandise through the Dim Sum Warriors Web Store!
Look at what parents, educators, experts and kids
are saying about Dim Sum Warriors!
“My 7-year-old daughter keeps re-reading the Little Dim Sum Warriors books. She thinks they’re really funny, and she laughs every time she reads them.”
“The students and staff at our school absolutely adore the Little Dim Sum Warriors books. They tick so many boxes for books that are in high demand by students and staff. They are funny, they are bilingual, and they are comic style picture books. Fantastic illustrations, brilliant text and a must have for all libraries!”
“Both my kids have been fans of the Dim Sum Warriors books for some time! This past Saturday, we spent a fun and creative morning at the online Jam drawing different emotions and learning the words for them. The kids were especially crazy over the final minutes when they could request whatever they wanted drawn. A very creative and meaningful way to spend the morning with the kids. I got to draw too!”
“The light-hearted performance by the Little Dim Sum Warriors had the audience entertained and educated at the same time.”
The Dim Sum Warriors App gives plenty of freedom for practice: It’s easy to toggle from one language to another, limitless possibilities to listen and re-listen to the stories / words, possibility to look into a keyword more closely, a chance to record and listen to your own reading, with good feedback from the solution about the pronunciation. The Dim Sum Warriors Curriculum has:
1. Extensive, detailed and yet easy to access materials for educators to ensure successful learning experiences for the students.
2. Visually appealing and easy to use digital application to support and diversify the learning process.
3. Learning through stories that happens naturally and supports a bi-lingual approach
“The app is user-friendly, inviting, and is rich with humor. Using multiple modalities, it serves as a pedagogical tool that provides readers of all ages the skillset they need to develop bilingual proficiency as well as biliteracy. It has a unique feature that promotes translanguaging and cultivates appreciation for visual arts.”
“Easy to use, suitable for kids my child’s age. Images are child-friendly, language is age-appropriate.”
“Both of us really have a very good bonding time together when we began with reading the Dim Sum Warrior books as bed time stories, playing the app together, occupying her with the ‘live’ drawalong session & then doing the quiz together… We have so many topics in common!
“Deliciously funny and clever!”
“It has great stories that you can toggle between languages to help kids learn them, and has activities to reinforce the words you see in the stories.”
“We live in Colorado and I’ve always made sure that my son stays in touch with the Chinese language that I grew up with. There aren’t a lot of casual and creative options for Chinese learning and so it was really fun for us to take part in the Dim Sum Warriors comic Jams! We can draw together and speak Chinese and English together in a stress-free experience. He is learning quite a bit, and he doesn’t even know it. “
The DIM SUM WARRIORS Club:
A rich, multi-faceted programme for kids
It offers a completely different experience from the usual tuition or enrichment class:
- Learning methods designed by a curriculum expert and former tenured professor in the field of education;
- A programme that’s certified for high pedagogical quality by Education Alliance Finland, the world’s most thorough edtech impact verification service;
- Meaningful—and hilarious!—content created by international award-winning creatives with experience in feature filmmaking, theatre, publishing and multimedia production;
- Multimodal learning that can happen anywhere and anytime, and at an individual pace;
- A system tailored to meet the OECD’s new PISA Global Competence Framework;
- The chance to interact directly with award-winning creative professionals every month;
- A way to improve 2 languages simultaneously;
- Access to exclusively-designed original content, not just cookie-cutter assessment papers;
- Priority access to special events, news and releases;
- Discounts on books and merchandise;
- Community engagement;
- No commuting hassle, no risk of germs!
- A programme that is designed to spark creativity and cultural confidence, not just pass tests!