Kick your kids’ learning up a notch with the DIM SUM WARRIORS CLUB!
Our monthly CLUB membership is now at only S$49 per month (a 50% discount off the original price of S$98) for a limited time only* (*Terms and Conditions apply)
What is the Dim Sum Warriors Club?
It’s a unique and groundbreaking bilingual language learning method for kids K-5th grade/Primary 5 that:
✅ Improves BOTH their English and Chinese simultaneously;
✅ Builds creative skills on top of language skills;
✅ Is specially designed to increase kids’ interest and decrease their fear of language learning;
✅ Uses hilarious multisensory and multilingual comics featuring adorable characters—in both print and interactive digital formats—crafted by multiple award-winning creators;
✅ Is supported by an innovative mobile app with bilingual stories, vocabulary building games, and reading-recognition tech that provides feedback on fluency and pronunciation;
✅ Is designed by education experts based on cutting-edge research on literacy and pedagogy;
✅ Is tailored to meet the OECD’s new PISA Global Competence Framework;
✅ Is certified for high pedagogical quality by professional international educators.
What You Get When You Join The DIM SUM WARRIORS CLUB
HILARIOUS BILINGUAL COMIC STORIES
Beautifully-designed and expert-crafted bilingual storybooks
The heart and soul of our club are funny bilingual comic stories that are specially designed to be read aloud with different emotions!
Club Members get 10% discount on our printed books and select merchandise through the Dim Sum Warriors Web Store!
FEATURE-PACKED BILINGUAL COMIC READER APP
Stories • Games • Cutting-Edge Read-Aloud Evaluation
With our app, your kids can read entertaining and educational bilingual comic books on their own, and practice reading aloud with immediate feedback, anywhere, anytime!
- Read hilarious bilingual comic stories
- Hear the stories performed by actors—in both languages
- Record their own reading
- Get immediate feedback on pronunciation and fluency through our US patent-pending reading evaluation tech
- Play games that boost vocabulary
- Get new content—updated every month!
PLEASE NOTE: The Dim Sum Warriors App is now available in the App Store and the Google Play Store for FREE download, but ONLY CLUB MEMBERS get access to the monthly updates and new content.
CREATIVE LIVESTREAM SESSIONS
3 x 45-mins sessions every month hosted by certified teachers and artists
Interact directly with our award-winning creatives and professional educators during these laugh-filled lessons that build both vocabulary and creativity!
- Enjoy story readings
- Draw together with our artist
- Get our artist to bring your crazy suggestions for food characters to life—always a giggly, inspiring and imaginative experience!
- Pick up new and surprising vocabulary in both Mandarin and English
- Access a bilingual quiz crafted from the conversations in the livestream session
- Sessions will also be recorded for playback in case you have to miss one of them.
WEBSITE WITH EXCLUSIVE RESOURCES
Lesson Plans • Worksheets • Videos • Quizzes • Mini-Posters
Constantly updated activities, online quizzes, games, learning tips, printables, lectures on education, priority news on events, special deals and much, much more— only for Members!
A THOUGHTFUL, EXPERT-CRAFTED PROGRAMME
The Dim Sum Warriors Club is rooted in actual research into literacy development, pedagogy and learning, as well as deep experience in teaching and great respect for the work of teachers and parents. Designed by expert educators and award-winning creatives, our system is certified for pedagogical quality by Education Alliance Finland—the world’s foremost impact verification service for education technology solutions. This means our system has passed rigorous academic, science and evidence-based assessments by professional international educators.
EXCLUSIVE ACCESS & DEALS
Club members get priority access to special events and deals—like special appearances, book signings, puppet shows, theatre performances, select merchandise and all the fabulous stuff we have in the pipeline!
Look at what parents, educators, experts and kids
are saying about Dim Sum Warriors!
“My 7-year-old daughter keeps re-reading the Little Dim Sum Warriors books. She thinks they’re really funny, and she laughs every time she reads them.”
“The students and staff at our school absolutely adore the Little Dim Sum Warriors books. They tick so many boxes for books that are in high demand by students and staff. They are funny, they are bilingual, and they are comic style picture books. Fantastic illustrations, brilliant text and a must have for all libraries!”
“Both my kids have been fans of the Dim Sum Warriors books for some time! This past Saturday, we spent a fun and creative morning at the online Jam drawing different emotions and learning the words for them. The kids were especially crazy over the final minutes when they could request whatever they wanted drawn. A very creative and meaningful way to spend the morning with the kids. I got to draw too!”
“The light-hearted performance by the Little Dim Sum Warriors had the audience entertained and educated at the same time.”
The Dim Sum Warriors App gives plenty of freedom for practice: It’s easy to toggle from one language to another, limitless possibilities to listen and re-listen to the stories / words, possibility to look into a keyword more closely, a chance to record and listen to your own reading, with good feedback from the solution about the pronunciation. The Dim Sum Warriors Curriculum has:
1. Extensive, detailed and yet easy to access materials for educators to ensure successful learning experiences for the students.
2. Visually appealing and easy to use digital application to support and diversify the learning process.
3. Learning through stories that happens naturally and supports a bi-lingual approach
“The app is user-friendly, inviting, and is rich with humor. Using multiple modalities, it serves as a pedagogical tool that provides readers of all ages the skillset they need to develop bilingual proficiency as well as biliteracy. It has a unique feature that promotes translanguaging and cultivates appreciation for visual arts.”
“Easy to use, suitable for kids my child’s age. Images are child-friendly, language is age-appropriate.”
“Both of us really have a very good bonding time together when we began with reading the Dim Sum Warrior books as bed time stories, playing the app together, occupying her with the ‘live’ drawalong session & then doing the quiz together… We have so many topics in common!
“Deliciously funny and clever!”
“It has great stories that you can toggle between languages to help kids learn them, and has activities to reinforce the words you see in the stories.”
“We live in Colorado and I’ve always made sure that my son stays in touch with the Chinese language that I grew up with. There aren’t a lot of casual and creative options for Chinese learning and so it was really fun for us to take part in the Dim Sum Warriors comic Jams! We can draw together and speak Chinese and English together in a stress-free experience. He is learning quite a bit, and he doesn’t even know it. “
The Dim Sum Warriors Philosophy
It’s important to us at Dim Sum Warriors that language is experienced as creative and as a form of communication, not just as lists of vocabulary or rules that must be memorised for a test.
Our focus is on triggering kids’ interest first, so that they will be willing to do the hard work.
Because of this, we work through different platforms:
💖 Our App encourages kids to compare texts across languages and to practice reading aloud with expression;
💖 Our Creative Livestreaming Sessions encourage kids to chat across languages; visualize what they are learning; and to use the languages to create.
Drawing enables the practice of focus and paying attention to detail, taking risks, expressing their imaginations with clarity, and finding their own voice—all skills that are highly necessary in the 21st century.
💖 We provide tools for assessment and reinforcement of learning, such as games in the App, quizzes on our web site, worksheets in our lesson plans, etc.—but these are to make it easier for kids to review, absorb and consolidate their knowledge so they can apply what they’ve learned—not for memorizing for some test!
The Dim Sum Warriors Club offers something very different from the usual tuition or enrichment classes. We’re not about just memorizing stock phrases for regurgitation during exams (and never again thereafter)—we want kids to be able to create with the languages they’re learning, and also develop the ability to be creative with any situation.
The DIM SUM WARRIORS Club:
A rich, multi-faceted programme for kids
It offers a completely different experience from the usual tuition or enrichment class:
- Learning methods designed by a curriculum expert and former tenured professor in the field of education;
- A programme that’s certified for high pedagogical quality by Education Alliance Finland, the world’s most thorough edtech impact verification service;
- Meaningful—and hilarious!—content created by international award-winning creatives with experience in feature filmmaking, theatre, publishing and multimedia production;
- Multimodal learning that can happen anywhere and anytime, and at an individual pace;
- A system tailored to meet the OECD’s new PISA Global Competence Framework;
- The chance to interact directly with award-winning creative professionals every month;
- A way to improve 2 languages simultaneously;
- Access to exclusively-designed original content, not just cookie-cutter assessment papers;
- Priority access to special events, news and releases;
- Discounts on books and merchandise;
- Community engagement;
- No commuting hassle, no risk of germs!
- A programme that is designed to spark creativity and cultural confidence, not just pass tests!